The 8th edition of Mobile Marketing Study organized by IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) states that mobile penetration in people aged 16-65 years reached 94%.
The association of advertising marketing and digital communication in Spain conducted 1100 online interviews involving a "solid sample".
The most relevant and useful conclusions for designing mobile marketing strategies are:
- Young people are connected more on average, 3:50 hours per day.
- 9 out of 10 users reported having made a purchase via mobile.
- Mobile phones are used in the process of buying 82% for information.
- Most bought categories are fashion, leisure, travel and electronics.
- The smartphone (85%) is the favorite tool, followed by the computer (63%) or tablet (37%).
- There is a Samsung's leadership (28%) compared to iPhone (14%).
- As for software, Android holds 83% market share.
- What is valued most by consumers is the ease and comfort in buying e-commerce by 41%.
- Users have about 18 applications smartphone and an average of 2 downloads per month.
- The use of the tablet falls compared to 2015 reaching 80 minutes a day.
- The activities most performed with these devices are social and entertainment
- For 38%, commercial are not relevant information and 47% would like to be more personalized.
- In mobile advertising and specifically in display campaigns, you click for more information and to get discounts advertiser.
- Its use is given while watching television for chatting (55%), using social networks (45%) or checking emails (41%).
- There is a high percentage of users who receive less than half of the mails if they are not adapted to mobile devices.
This study aims to identify developments and trends in the dynamic market of mobile advertising and identify things like the role of the second screen and profile the buyer of ecommerce.